Previous years’ festivals and Author Talks have garnered significant media attention ranging from feature articles to morning live shots with local television stations. Marketing and PR efforts increase as the festival and our standalone events continue to attract high-profile authors and becomes a save-the-date for book lovers.
* Conducted six-week ad campaign with ads in The Winston-Salem Journal, The Chronicle, Que Pasa, Piedmont Parentt, Forsyth Family and Forsyth Woman magazines, NC Savor magazine, Our State magazine, and other targeted, special-interest publications
* Feature articles about the Festival published in newspapers and tabloids across the state.
* Area media outlets covered the Festival on-site and published follow-up articles and photo galleries with additional articles on individual events throughout the year
* Festival and events listed on calendars of numerous state, regional, and national media outlets, arts organizations, and their websites including C-Span’s Book TV, Our State, Publisher’s Weekly, Go Triad, Relish, Charlotte Observer, Raleigh News & Observer, North Carolina Arts Council, area city and state Chambers of Commerce, and individual participating authors’ and publishers’ websites, blogs and facebook pages
* NC Piedmont Triad Time Warner Cable, as TV media sponsor, produced and aired PSAs before Festival * Festival principals and/or authors appeared in extended segments on the local morning shows of national television network affiliates leading up to the festival and before individual events for our “Conversation with” series
* Interviews with Executive Director and Festival authors prior to Festival and for individual events on 600 AM WSJS
* Promotional spots aired for Festival and individual events on Triad NPR affiliates, WFDD 88.5 and WSNC 90.5, media sponsors. Author interviews on both stations and an organizational profile and interview on “Triad Arts Up Close” on WFDD.
* Additional listings and on-air Festival PSAs included on radio stations throughout North Carolina
* Festival events included in Forsyth County Public Library’s advertising and media coverage for 2012 On the Same Page program launched at Festival
* Event information shared in numerous external blogs and social media
* Distributed general and author/subject specific press releases, event flyers, coloring sheets, programs and posters across the state
* Sent e-newsletter with updates, photos and information about our authors and sponsors to more than 3000 people monthly.
* Continually updated website: www.bookmarksnc.org and enhanced social media reach via our twitter, blog and facebook page.
* Linked to sponsors’, nonprofits’, authors’ and publishers’ websites from website and facebook page
* Collaborators and downtown organizations, businesses, and restaurants actively promoted to their constituencies and the public
* Wake Forest University Stores, as the Festival bookseller, promoted festival, the “Conversation with” series, and their involvement in stores on campus and in the community
* Publicized to independent schools, public schools and to home schools by creating and distributing flyers promoting age-appropriate authors to students in Forsyth County schools
* Area colleges and universities promoted with many hosting an author on the Friday before the Festival